|Title||Reinhold Family Farm with Remodeled Barn|
|Date||June 5, 1967|
|Description||This photo of the Reinhold Family farm shows the many
changes and improvements that Carl Oliver and Josephine made to the
property during their years of ownership. A larger, concrete silo
replaced the wood silo c.1957. In 1963, the barn had been remodeled to
increase the size of the stable. To do this, the thresh floor and
and garage had been eliminated. Both the hay and straw were stored
in mows above the stable. The concrete foundation of the barn was
painted white, the wood above painted red and blue shingles covered the
roof. That same year, the machine shed was added to house valuable
farm equipment from the weather.
The garden was moved from the south side of the drive way to the north side. Many trees had been planted on the property, including two windbreaks: one bordered the garden and the other was planted behind the barn.
Also visible in this picture is the cow lane. It led from the cow yard, turned right and followed the border of the Reinhold property and the neighboring property.